The Cathedral of the Sea
About the tour
This literary tour will let you relive the stories of this exciting novel through its different locations; places that after almost 700 years we will revisit from a different perspective whilst admiring the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona. This is a unique opportunity to learn more about the characters and about one of the most emblematic monuments of Barcelona, Santa Maria del Mar, the apogee of Catalan Gothic art.
“From the top of Collserola Mountain, on the old Roman road that connected the northern city Ampurias with the southern Tarragona, Bernat discovered for the first time the freedom and the immensity of the sea! He has never imagined something that has no end.”
14th Century: the city of Barcelona was a prosperous city and had grown towards the shore. The humble new district of fishermen decided to build, with their own money and efforts, the greatest temple that had ever existed: Santa Maria del Mar.
Itinerary: Santa Maria del Mar, Canvis Vells/ Canvis Nous, Consolat de Mar, Calle Montcada, Plaza de la Llana, Plaza del Blat, Plaza del Rey to vist the Chapel of santa Àgata and the Saló del Tinell, Plaza de Sant Jaume, Call or Jewish Quarter, Plaza Nova
- General Admission Ticket and other fees
- Guided Tour in English
- Earphones to keep up-to-date with your guide’s explanation
- Assistance at the meeting point
Not Included Services
- Pick-up and drop-off service at the hotel
- Maximum participants per group is 20 people
- Accessible for people with reduced mobility
- Live tour guide is in English only
- Instant confirmation and easy cancellation up to 24 hours before the activity begins for a full refund
- Printed and mobile vouchers
Santa Maria del Mar square, in front of the main façade.
We recommend participants to be at the meeting point 5 minutes before the tour begins.